Saturday, February 27, 2010

Creative Solutions: Reflectors

Reflectors are cheap, around 8-16$ but if you can't find one around your town or need something quick, try this creative solution. Get some card or card board or if you don't happen to have that, grab about 10 sheets of copy paper, enough to make it thick.

(1)If you're using copy paper, first tape those sheets together.

(2) get tin foil and take it out, try not to crease as much as you can, this can make crazy lighting (though feel free to play with that) and just tape it on to the front side.

(3) you're done with the reflector. Now go out and learn how to use it. A reflector will open up tons of new lighting possibilities for you.
As you see below, I have a set up for some macro photography. I couldn't use a flash straight on because the barrel of my lens made a shadow. So I used an off camera flash and angled it at my reflector. I was able to really bring out the color of my orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment